There are several types of duct systems found in people’s homes depending on the type of heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) system installed. Here are a few examples:
- Forced Air Duct System: This is the most common type of duct system found in homes. It consists of a network of ducts that distribute air throughout the home using a fan to force air through the system.
- Radiant Duct System: In this type of system, the air is heated by hot water or steam that circulates through a network of pipes installed in the walls, floors, or ceilings. The heat radiates into the room, providing warmth.
- Baseboard Heating System: This system uses individual heating units installed at the base of walls in each room. Hot water circulates through the units, providing heat to the room.
- Mini-Split Ductless System: This system uses small, wall-mounted units that are connected to an outside compressor. The units distribute air directly into a room and can be controlled independently of each other.
- Hydronic Radiant Floor Heating: This system heats the floor by circulating hot water through pipes installed beneath the flooring. The heat radiates up into the room, providing warmth.
It’s important to note that the type of duct system found in a home depends on several factors, including the type of HVAC system, the size and layout of the home, and the homeowner’s preferences and budget. A professional HVAC technician can help determine the best duct system for a particular home.
How often should you clean your air ducts?
The frequency at which you should clean your air ducts depends on various factors, such as the amount of dust and debris in your home, the number of occupants, and whether anyone in the household suffers from allergies or respiratory issues. Generally, it is recommended to have your air ducts professionally cleaned every 3 to 5 years. However, if you notice signs of excessive dust, mold, or pests in your air ducts, or if you experience unexplained allergies or respiratory problems, you may want to consider having your air ducts cleaned more frequently. It’s also a good idea to have your air ducts inspected annually to ensure they are in good condition and functioning efficiently.
Where can you find someone to clean your air ducts?
There are several ways to find someone to clean your air ducts:
- Search engines: You can check search engines or Google Maps to find local air duct cleaning services.
- Referrals: Ask friends, family, or coworkers if they know of any reputable air duct cleaning companies that they have used in the past.
- HVAC contractors: Your HVAC contractor may also offer air duct cleaning services, or they may be able to refer you to a reputable company.
- Professional organizations: You can check professional organizations like the National Air Duct Cleaners Association (NADCA) to find certified and reputable air duct cleaning companies in your area.
- Online platforms: There are also online platforms like Angie’s List or HomeAdvisor that can connect you with local air duct cleaning services and provide reviews and ratings from other customers.
It’s important to do your research and choose a reputable and experienced air duct cleaning service to ensure that your air ducts are properly cleaned and maintained. If you are looking for an air duct cleaning company in Eastern Connecticut, please consider us, Air Duct Cleaning of New England!